Saturday, March 31, 2012

Conan O'Brien Buys Mashable, Ousts Pete Cashmore as CEO





Hello, fellow Mashables. It’s Conan O’Brien, and I’ve got big news. Two hours ago, I purchased Mashable.com. I’ve taken it over. Why did I take it over? Very simple reason.

[More from Mashable: Mobile Jobseeking is Going Mainstream [INFOGRAPHIC]]


I’m sick and tired of scanning the Internet looking for any news about technology: Devices, gadgets, what’s coming up, maybe even a rating system for gadgets that are out there. It doesn’t exist on the web and it’s high time it did.


I go to the Mashable see the atrocious job they’re doing. So I decided it’s time to for me take it over.

[More from Mashable: Keep Track of Your Volunteer Work With This New App]


That’s why, several hours ago, I called Pete Cashmore and I told him, “You’re out! Get out! You’re through Cashmore! Through! Get out!”


Of course, keep in mind, I was screaming “Get out” from a phone call and he was speaking at home…So it wasn’t clear what I was throwing him out of. We straightened that out.


He said, “You’ll have to buy me out.” I said, “Buy you out? How about thirty-five hundred smackeroos?” He didn’t know what smackeroos were, but we talked again.


There’s going to be a lot of changes around here. So stay tuned, cause I’m in charge now. I’m going to be sending out a lot of tweets!


This story originally published on Mashable here.



Source & Image : Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment